Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by ozie
on ‎11-13-2010 09:01 PM

forgot one last thing.. for the criteria.. how about letting us use SQL.. its a let down to find that you can only find via contact records only or opportunity records only and not able to mix and join tables to find specific targets

by Copper Contributor lgarrison
on ‎11-19-2010 11:18 AM

@ Ozie - I expect this is going to be one of those areas in ACT! that will be resolved most quickly via a 3rd party solution. Sage opens the door to new features but, apparently, only so wide.

I know that there are some add-on developers working on extending this feature now, so soon it should be extremely useful. It's good to see Sage innovating features like workflow and leads management (with SBISA/Hoovers). But they apparently feel the need to pace themselves on how functional they are out of the box. Dunno why.

by ozie
on ‎11-20-2010 06:33 PM

This is more to do with the point that criteria should be displayed in view no matter what type of schedule is selected in a drop down, rather than extending the feature. (the feature is already there, working, just not visible when MANUAL is selected)

As a developer, I myself dont like the idea of having to write a plugin, nor to purchase 3rd party parts for extra $$ for something that SAGE should have done in the first place.

The idea of the criteria being hidden out of sight unless its a scheduled task is preposterous.. specifically since criteria and schedule are TWO different things and should not be grouped together so that its shown only for one..

Criteria is not something that is dependant on when the task is run, even if its a manual task, criteria is still something that is needed.

It pointless having to pay extra money, and having to wait, for some 3rd party to provide features, since ACT already has this function there and working, but only available when you select scheduled task and not manual

by
on ‎11-23-2010 10:40 AM

The Smart Task function is our first venture in using the new Windows Presentation Foundation platform included with .NET 3.5. I am sure you will see more functionality added to Smart Tasks as we delve deeper into this powerful utility. Keep those ideas coming!

Labels