Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Smart Alerts

by brad on ‎12-09-2011 05:55 AM

Smart Alerts should be created, this would follow the same idea as Smart Tasks but instead of creating Task it would send alerts.

Example:

If the Opportunity Actual close date equals today, alert selected users/record manager by email.  the email body could contain the opportunity details.

This is just one situation but i think that many ACT users will find this tool very helpful.  If you agree add a kudo then perhaps one day it might happen.

cheers

Comments
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎12-10-2011 12:48 PM

Are you aware (here it comes) that there's an addon called TopLine Alerts? http://www.toplineresults.com/addons/topline-alerts.aspx

As with all of Topline's products, it's first rate, thorough, well-thought out and stable.

Yes, it would be nice if it was in the base product, but Sage counts on solution partners to finish their product for them via addons.

And if Sage was to add Alerts to the product, it would probably be half-baked like Smart Tasks and Custom Tables.

"Yes Mr/Mrs Customer, we now have alerts - and they're very unique - they print out to a teletype machine and you walk over periodically and rip off the paper and read the alert .  Why no, they don't support sending alerts via e-mail - our surveys indicate users don't need that functionality."

by brad
on ‎12-11-2011 08:17 AM

fair enough, but addons should be for extras not essentials!!  I would have thought that this is a essential for any sales team.  topline is good but expensive when you have already borne the cost of a CRM.

Personally I think the development team at Sage need to broaden their outlook, them seem to be bent on just getting it linked to social networking and forgetting that there are still fundamentals that need addressing, such as campaign management, pipeline reporting.  you have to basically create another program in access or excel to get this 'fundamentals'!!!

apart from that it is a great program

thanks for your suggestion.

by
on ‎08-21-2012 02:59 PM
Status changed to: Available in Sage ACT! 2013

Labels