Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Select the Activity Types that copy to Outlook Calendar

by Silver Elite Contributor on ‎12-04-2009 04:28 AM

This one comes up quite frequently.

People want to copy their meetings into their Outlook calendars (may be one or two a day) but not all the other activities such a Calls where they may have 15 or 20 a day, as it clutters up the Outlook calendar.

Could we not set up some default filters on the types of activity which get copied?

Jeff

Thanks for the idea, Jeff! This feature has been included in ACT! 2011.
Comments
by PJA
on ‎12-15-2009 01:35 PM

This is an obvious no brainer. Otherwise it does not make sense to use ACT to set any mtgs and once that happens I start looking for some other field level CRM to use that integrates better with Outlook.

PHIL

by Nickel Contributor Trevor Lever
on ‎12-16-2009 02:09 AM
Nice one.
by
on ‎01-27-2010 06:13 AM
I agree wholeheartedly. The lack of this prevents me from using the calendar integration in the way that I would like. In my case, I use ACT for 'todos' but I don't want these showing up in outlook because I don't use outlook as my CRM and it would clutter it up. Outlook is cluttered enough already. I think in general a more sophisticated integration with outlook calendars is in order...more along the line of how contact information is seamlessly shared (send emails to a contact is automatically associated to ACT contacts).
by
‎01-29-2010 08:36 AM - edited ‎01-29-2010 08:44 AM

Not to belabor the point, but the more I use the calendar copy function, the more I want this fixed. I wish I could vote more than once. Here is another reason that this is important:

I use Outlook to display holidays. I deal with lots of people overseas. A nice feature of Outlook is that I can set it to display many international holidays. These holidays appear in my calendar in Outlook. Knowing international holidsays helps me tremendously when dealing with people internationally.

The calendar copy function copies all of these holidays over to my ACT calendar. Now I have a list of thousands of international holidays in my ACT calendar. Fortunately, I don't have alarms set. But this means I have to disable this important feature in Outlook. This is a major pain now. I have to change the way I work to accommodate the way ACT copies calendars.

It is even worse. I have to manually delete the holidays in both Outlook and ACT! because neither allows me to roll these out separately. I am ever sorry that I copied my calendar now.

Message Edited by ralphmack on 01-29-2010 08:37 AM
Message Edited by ralphmack on 01-29-2010 08:38 AM
Message Edited by ralphmack on 01-29-2010 08:44 AM
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎01-29-2010 08:47 AM

Agreed.

We also need the ability to stop things like public holidays for the next 15 years being copied to My Record when copying calendars from Outlook to ACT!

Jeff

by
on ‎01-29-2010 03:51 PM
Great feature request I'm looking into this now...
by barrygou
on ‎03-28-2010 01:37 PM
You could probably use a 3rd party app such as Double Look or ACT To Outlook
by kstalcup
on ‎07-12-2010 02:41 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2011
Thanks for the idea, Jeff! This feature has been included in ACT! 2011.
Labels