Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Schedule an email activity

by bretts on ‎11-10-2009 09:58 AM
Add functionality for an activity type "email" - where from the activity record you generate the eamil and when you clear it, the history record is the email.  Right now the only way I know to schedule an future email activity is "to-do" and then when I clear it, I still have a second history record of the actual email. - this is inefficient for a host of reasons.
Thanks for the feedback, bretts. There's a new feature in ACT! 2011 called Smart Tasks that will allow you to do this.
Comments
by
‎11-10-2009 10:28 AM - edited ‎11-10-2009 10:29 AM

Same for writting a letter (or merge) and Call if using ACT!'s dialer (itDial add-on does this linking for calls)

As an extra... create an activity to send an email from a template and ACT! sends it automatically when scheduled or, if not logged in, sends next time it's started (maybe with an option to send now or snooze in case the user needs to use system now

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia

Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

Message Edited by GLComputing on 11-11-2009 05:29 AM
by
on ‎11-24-2009 01:23 PM
Great idea. I have created a Custom Activity "Send Email", but obviously still end up with the 2 records when it is cleared. Plus my version of ACT still has the bug where all the custom icons for custom activities appear as email icons!
by kstalcup
on ‎07-12-2010 02:50 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2011
Thanks for the feedback, bretts. There's a new feature in ACT! 2011 called Smart Tasks that will allow you to do this.
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-25-2013 02:11 AM

"There's a new feature in ACT! 2011 called Smart Tasks that will allow you to do this."

Not quite the same thing, is it!

Schedule Email should be a standard Activity type straight out of the box.

Labels