Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by tiffany0368
on ‎10-13-2010 09:03 AM

Love that idea - it is very cumbersome to start the feature every time ....

by jpenney
on ‎01-03-2011 01:33 PM

Duplications are a major problem for most ACT! users - many time unintentional or caused by merge activities where the Field selections do not match due to a typing error or a space (whatever).

The old DeDuplinator from ACT! 6 days and subsequent add-ons developed by Pat Egan; eGrabber; and others have all produced better features than the one currently offered by Sage.

This is an area where we should be providing a highly functional DeDuplinator feature  which reflects the commitment of  Sage  to ensuring ACT! meets basic needs of Users - no matter what their skills.

I would like to see the entire Duplicate handling process overhauled and replaced by a deduplinator type feature that works for all users.

Forget about the 10-20% of features that are bloatware for most users of ACT!  - i.e.. the ACT! Info Services add-ins for Hoovers etc. and, concentrate on getting the basics right so we do not have the current problems of SP1 revisited and destroying the credibility of ACT! as a Contact and Customer Relationship Solution for Small to Medium size business - leave the sophistication to ACT!  Vertical Market Solutions; ACT! CRM or higher level systems. 

by sdambra
‎01-07-2011 11:55 AM - edited ‎01-07-2011 11:56 AM

Yes I second these sentiments.  The scanning for duplicates in ACT is really quite lacking for any real serious de-duplication effort.  I guess it's good if you have 1-2 duplicates but if you have even 20, it makes your work really long and arduous and makes you wonder whether ACT should be your CRM. 

As stated above you only get to de-duplicate 1 contact every time your run the Wizard... so you have to run the Wizard, re-scan, re-match, merge, de-duplicate, for every single duplicate it finds!  Wha!?  Crazy. 

Also, aside from the inefficiency of the tool itself, it's also a rather dumb tool in that it matches blank fields (I believe) and so shows these as duplicates as well. 

I think this is pretty embarrasing in a product that is at its core a sales/contact database system.  Let's get this feature addedin the next release and skip the fluffy stuff, so your users don't have to spend $100 or more for a silly add-on that should be a no-brainer. 

by mprange
on ‎05-09-2011 09:51 AM

Agreed.

That ACT considers blank fields as "duplicates" is ridiculous. How hard is it to add a line of code that there must be characters in the field to be considered?

Why isn't there the ability to duplicate check upon entering a new contact?

Labels