Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reschedule Multiple Tasks

by patgenn123 on ‎07-08-2009 08:38 AM

I want to highlight and move 2+ tasks to the next day, but there is no way to do this.  You mean I have to move them one-by-one? What a waste of time!

Did it!
Comments
by Lorigtrimedia
on ‎07-17-2009 12:32 PM
My marketing reps want to be able to reschedule multiple activities to one date. You used to be able to drag them to a mini calendar in ACT Ver. 6. Now they have to move them one by one and it's more time consuming! 
by Suzanne Lai
on ‎07-24-2009 02:13 PM

Thanks for this suggestion. I can see being able to move multiple activities at once to the next day or future date would be useful. Perhaps a drag and drop action. Would it be accurate to say that you'd want to move multiple activities at once to the same time they were originally scheduled at? What I'm trying to determine is if the "time" you want to move multiple activities to is important or not.  

by patgenn123
on ‎07-28-2009 04:24 PM

It's definitely much faster than moving them one-by-one.  Yes, keeping the same times would be good.

P

by
on ‎07-30-2009 11:43 AM

Great idea. It is so time consuming to reschedule a number of Activities to other days because some urgent task necessitates. I suggest Suzanne that it could be a process of 'Ctrl' key and mouse select of the desired activities and then in bulk reassign as timeless to another selectable day. You would then individualy drag and drop  these activities into the body of the calendar on the new day.

Probably need to allow this only their own (Record Manager) activities for Standard users but allow Manager users to do this for other user's activities.   

A positive offshoot of this is that users would probably choose this option rather than the rollover function for activities which occurs at logon and slows down the startup process or can cause conflict in a sync environment.   

by snazzyklick
on ‎09-09-2009 01:23 PM

I would like to highlight several items on my task list and be able to quickly reschedule them for an activity in the future.   Most of my activities like this would be "timeless"

Much like on the Opporutnity List, you can highlight mutliple items and quckly adjust the estimated close date. 

Please let me know if you make an update!   Thanks!

by Master
‎03-28-2010 02:22 PM - edited ‎03-28-2010 02:25 PM

Suzanne: Your questions is relevant, since the same time in the new day may have been ommited already.

Here is my suggestion. Move activities individually, but make that very easy and quick to do. As stated above: "You used to be able to drag them to a mini calendar in ACT Ver. 6."  And I just loved that.

That action did not move several activities at once, however it DID make it very easy to move them one-by-one very quickly.  As soon as you dropped them in the new date, the activity schedule window would appear and it was then easy to keep OR change the activity time, if it conflicted with the new day's previously scheduled activities. 

So that may provide the answer on how to handle appointment time. Please do play with v.6 a bit and you will see plenty of these shortcuts. 

Message Edited by Master on 03-28-2010 02:25 PM
by Actmonts
on ‎03-28-2010 03:45 PM
I wish  I could do multiple re-schedules as well.
by gregsandiego
‎04-28-2010 05:15 PM - edited ‎04-28-2010 05:23 PM

The one at a time thing is so time consuming it makes ACT more of a time water than anything else. I get to the point where I almost have to give up, clear everything, and start over.

Let's say I had 50 calls scheduled and missed that day in the office.  I can't let them roll-over to the next day that doubles the calls. Impossible.I'm to spend an hour on this administrative task?

What could the authors of this program be thinking?

Greg

Message Edited by gregsandiego on 04-28-2010 05:23 PM
by Hardrockchina
on ‎06-24-2011 05:58 PM

Agree 100%  I need to move activities all the time

by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
on ‎06-25-2011 12:06 PM

We have an add-on which allows the users to reschedule or reassign multiple activities at once.

Highlight multiple activities in the task list and select "Reschedule Activities" from the EDIT icon on the task list toolbar.

The add-on is called Impact - Task List Module 2011. You can read more here:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-Opportun​ityListPlus.aspx

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Labels