Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎11-25-2009 01:56 PM

Actually, there's a funciton designed to do just what you asked.  It's "Record History" - it's always been on the Contact menu, more than half-way down.  I've always added that button to the toolbar on the contact window to do just that.  It looks like an opening file drawer or 2-drawer file cabinet, maybe with the 'new' start in the URH corner of the file cabinet.  If you happen to be on the History Tab, it also appears on that Tab.

It 's purpose is to record unschedule, unplanned activities, such as a customer calling you.   You simply click the button, click the drop-down, choose the appropriate outcome, such as Call Received, enter your regarding, details, contact etc.

Voila!

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎11-27-2009 10:36 AM

If Record History works for you that's fine, but the problem is that the results won't show up on the Activities Dashboard (which is why I keep campaigning for a History Dashboard that works in the same way).

..and yes, I know about the Data Chart options, but they're not exactly user friendly!

by pla2008
on ‎11-30-2009 07:15 AM

Thank you, Chieff and Jeff.

It kill me to know that something like this has been right under my nose all this time!

After trying it today, it works great, but, I also see what Jeff means about needing it to show up on the Activities tab.

If that can't be done, I can get by without it.

This is a huge help!

Thanks again!

Mike

Labels