Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

Quick Search

by gferdon on ‎09-16-2011 10:02 AM

There is a feature that worked really well in Act 2007 that no longer works properly in Act Pro 2012.

If you were looking for a particular company, you could go to the List View of your contacts, click on the Company Column, and then type in the first few letters of the company.  The list would take you to the first company starting with the letters that you typed.

For example, if you were looking for a company whose name started with "Guitar", you could click on the company column and type "Gui" and it would take you to the section in the list where companies starting with "Gui" began.  

When you do this in Act 2012, it only accepts one letter.  So, if you type in "Gui", you'll actually end up in the section of companies starting with the letter "i".  ...because when you type "G", it takes you to the "G" section, then when you type "u" rather than taking you to companies starting with "Gu", it takes you to companies starting with "u".

I understand that you can type it directly into the lookup field in the left column and this works pretty well.  The main problem with this, though, is that it limits your view to contacts that contain what you typed in the lookup field.  The other way leaves the entire list of contacts open but just advances you to a particular portion of the list.  The old way is much more efficient.

Thanks for your attention!   Hopefully this change will be implemented at some point.

Comments
by snakeroot
on ‎09-16-2011 04:10 PM

I just tested this in 2012 and it still works as you describe 2007 working.  I was able to type multiple letters to keep narrowing down the company.  For example, I have Reddy, Reed, Refrigerant and Refrigeration as company names.  In the Look for: text box, I started typing "re" and the list jumped to Reddy.  I keep typing and now have "ref" and the list jumps to Refrigerant.  When I keep typing, I now have "refrigerat" and the list jumps to Refrigeration. 

by
on ‎08-21-2012 03:38 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2010

Labels