Comments
by
on ‎08-13-2010 05:14 AM

Great idea!

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia

Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

by jay sanjeeviram
on ‎08-15-2010 08:55 PM

Or before we deleting the contacts it should prompt for a back up to take!!!

one thing i have noticed when we delete a contact from the contact list it gives message that "deleting contacts cant be undone"

instead of that it should prompt a warning with number the contacts we deleting.

i have noticed in a hurry people deleting current look up instead of current contact button!!!

it was a great idea if there is a re-cycle bin the act db so we can restore the contacts we delete by accident

Regards,

Janard

by Nickel Super Contributor lkamerman
on ‎08-24-2010 02:01 PM

Lennart, I like it!  Perhaps it should only be available to the person who deleted the contact, own the contact (Record Manager), and Manager / Admin roles.

Great idea!

Len

by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎08-24-2010 04:01 PM

In reply to Janard,

I just checked in my copy of ACT! 2010 and when I went to delete the current lookup, it said:

"Are you sure you want to delete:

the 39 contacts in this lookup?

Note: This action CANNOT be undone"

by lejon
on ‎08-25-2010 07:05 AM

In some way it would be great to see who it was that deleted the record. In a large network it has to be possible for me to find which records that I have deleted without having to go over all records in the trash bin.

Maybe it should only be the administrator that can empty the trash bin. Lets say that a user is quitting his job and deletes all his contacts instead of handing them over to a collegue. That could be very devastating for the company, but if all contacts can be re-activated by the administrator, then it has not caused that much problem.

Lennart Johansson

Zoft 80 AB

Sweden

actsupport.zoft80.com

by Copper Contributor bleong
on ‎09-23-2010 04:00 PM

Genius, and so simple! Please do this.

As an ACT consultant,  so many of my clients contact's simply "go missing" (with a record of who deleted it, strangely enough) But this happens ALL THE TIME!

I love the idea, should be so simple to put a boolean in the SQL tables to "pre-delete" it. Other databases do this already.

by barrygou
on ‎10-05-2010 06:52 AM

Yes, very good idea.

by Bronze Super Contributor pauluptime
on ‎10-05-2010 05:00 PM

Yes - stellar/fantastic idea.  I wonder if deleted fields or contacts could be "synched" into a recycle database which could be emptied, or selectively returned.

by mikefm101
on ‎11-24-2010 08:39 AM

One alternative is I'll move contacts to another database for safekeeping if I want to delete them from my day-to-day database.

Mike 

by stewmcghie
on ‎12-21-2010 02:04 AM

"This action cannot be undone" message is so anoying it is like the developers are suggesting that that an undo function is physcially impossible to implement when 90% of programs I use have an undo button. It is definately needed. Come on Sage it is about time you did  it. Yes I know it is complicated because you a lot of data in a number of different tables but it is not impossible.

Labels