Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Post a target date for Sage ACT! to deliver 64 bit Office integration

Status: Available in Act! v19
by SelfGov on ‎04-25-2012 11:07 AM

I"m sure I"m not alone as a business owner depending on ACT who needs Sage management to post a date to have ACT integrate with Office 64 Bit. I"m told by technical support that they wont' make any statement about an intended release date. I find this inexcusable. I believe the job of management is to listen to the customers and deliver on their requirements. This means taking decisive action. Set a plan and work to achieve it.

 

Is anyone with me on this? Please help me apply the appropriate pressure where it makes sense. For us users to plan we need Sage to share their roadmap.

Status: Available in Act! v19

With the release of Act! v19 comes many Microsoft Office Compatibility Improvements, including native support for 64-bit variants of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows.

 

For more details, please see this Knowledgebase article.

Comments
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎04-25-2012 12:19 PM

Sorry, it's just not a high priority for my customers - 90% of them install the 32-bit version, the other 10% don't seem to mind uninstalling the 64-bit and installing the 32-bit.  There's very little compelling reason to install the 64-bit version for my customers at this time.  I have more important fish to fry.

by
on ‎08-23-2012 10:23 AM

Officially there is no plan to support 64 bit versions of Office in the next 12 months. We do not have a longer road map for third party integrations. 

 

MS is recommending the 32 bit version because they do not offer the same addin support for their 64 bit version. As we see their intergration options improve with future releases and a larger market share needing 64 bit versions we will explore our options. 

 

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-office-HA01036947...

by Administrator
on ‎05-17-2017 06:42 AM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v19

With the release of Act! v19 comes many Microsoft Office Compatibility Improvements, including native support for 64-bit variants of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows.

 

For more details, please see this Knowledgebase article.

Labels