Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by ozie
on ‎11-29-2010 09:52 PM

novel idea.. the problem is that there are many types of VM.. like Parallels,Fusion etc etc

from that they would have to write different code to type and hook into the mac system through the VM.. and thats all before even getting to the office product in the mac..

Again not everyone uses MobileMe..

its a novel idea, yet the only time this will work well is once there is a stand alone ACT version that runs purely on the Mac and not ACT within VM within Mac

by
on ‎11-29-2010 10:27 PM

What these things really require is for there to be enough of the ACT! market space to be using MAC.... and that just doesn't seem all that likely - at least in the next few years

by Dave_Rogers
on ‎12-15-2010 11:52 AM

I'm not sure how you've come to that conclusion, GLComputing. I've read countless accounts of people having to use it in VM or a secondary computer and who would clearly be happy to have a native Mac version. Furthermore, Mac is one of the best-selling operating systems today, far better than when ACT! for Mac was out, so the timing is clearly much better than before. There are a few really well done Mac CRMs out now (like Daylight), but ACT! would have the advantage of being both Mac and Windows.

I would say the biggest obstacle isn't the necessity, but rather how deeply rooted it is in Windows technology. ACT! for Mac would have to be redeveloped from the ground up. I just don't see Sage ever wanting to do that.

by
‎12-17-2010 07:32 AM - edited ‎12-17-2010 07:34 AM

Dave,

Never say never. With each new version, we evaluate the demand versus the investment (as you said it would require the development of an entirely new version and the support to go with it) of a Mac-only version. Right now the demand is simply not sufficient, especially in the business sector. Windows is still far and away the dominant system in our market sector.

Labels