Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Copper Super Contributor dflood
on ‎06-01-2010 11:37 PM

Thanks for psoting this one Scott.

I've had some exposure to SageCRM and their Outlook Integration has a column in the inbox and if shows a tick, then you know the email is attached to CRM.

The problem as you have stated, is nobody knows if the email has been successfully attached or not. Quick attach tells you it has but it doesn't mean that it actually could attach the email.

by jpenney
on ‎06-04-2010 03:41 AM

by Nickel Contributor rosevear
on ‎06-21-2010 06:23 PM

I have several clients that ask for this, and I think a column like the SageCRM plug-in would help immensely. This makes sense, as this would clearly show the email has been attached to the user, and minimise having duplicate record data attached into ACT!

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-25-2010 11:10 AM

I second this idea.

In the meantime, I don't know if this might help you or others, but as you may know you can set a Custom Outlook Rule to automatically attach incoming emails to ACT!

Now you can go one stage further and get Outlook Rules to colour code the attached emails by assigning them to a category.

e.g.

Apply this rule after the message arrives

sender is in ACT! Address Book- YourDB.pad

and on this machine only

assign it to the Attached to ACT! category

and perform ACT! -AutoAttach E-mail to ACT! Contact History

Result is that attached emails are shown with a green (in my case) square (category) in Outlook Inbox.

Jeff

by
on ‎07-16-2010 02:52 PM
by ladybt28
on ‎07-28-2010 07:41 AM

We run a insurance brokerage in England and do not have access to Act for Financial Professionals as not available in the UK.  The problem with auto attach for us is that quotes come into the inbox from a variety of insurance providers and the quote is done by any number of people in a department so you cannot list all these contacts in Act for autoattach.

We do not want to attach the quote to the insurer it came from but to the client that it relates to.  We have no way of attaching other than manual which is very time consuming.  Auto attach by subject line or body content would be helpful.  Are we missing something or is there an add-on.

Labels