Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by luisr_ca
on ‎06-08-2009 06:08 PM

And...

For those that use Sage Simply Accounting, Sage Peachtree etc. - how about allowing the Product table to import/synchronize from the table in the accounting system?  

That way, we would build the Products list in the accounting system, and then just IMPORT it into Act!, thus reducing the need for duplicate data entry.

LuisR

by mbrown
on ‎06-11-2009 12:08 PM

I agree. Part of the reason we bought ACT was  because it is suppose to be integrated with SA. We assumed that an inventory "Item" in SA would be useable in ACT. We are rather dismayed that  we now have to enter our entire inventory as "Products" in ACT.

Come on SAGE.

M Brown

by
on ‎06-20-2009 02:51 AM
I also like a few more fields in the Product Table... we have a new accounting link for ACT! (due for beta next month) and this would be a really big improvement in being able to turn Closed-Won sales ops into invoices.
by Suzanne Lai
on ‎07-24-2009 02:22 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. Is it accurate to say that you're requesting for import/sync from accounting system product list to ACT! without installing an accounting link?

With regards to adding a few more fields in the Product Table - What fields would you add to the Product Table? Are you referring to the Master Product List to add fields to, or adding fields to the Opportunity form?

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎09-16-2011 07:34 AM

I'm seeing new clients every week who would get huge benefit from a Product Table in ACT!

It doesn't even have to be anything momentous. Just think Opportunity List View with a check-box for "Show All Products".

Check it, and the list is expanded so there's now a line for every product in each opportunity. The common fields would be duplicated i.e. if there was one opportunity for John Smith which was made up of two products, when the box is checked there are now two lines in the list. Thus..

Opportunity    Contact             Product Name

Q 10001         John Smith      Product A

Q 10001         John Smith      Product B

It would then be a doddle to sort by product and export the whole thing to Excel for further analysis.

Come on...you know it makes sense!

(And no, I don't want a dashboard to do this)

by trikepilot
on ‎11-27-2012 04:50 AM

Good idea Jeff. I would be very happy if I would have that checkbox for "show all products"

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎11-27-2012 06:57 AM

If you click te Kudos box folks it's more likely to happen ;-)

by
on ‎05-06-2015 12:20 PM

Improvements in way ACT! Handle products are welcome.

Having a table for products (I believe) will make product maintenance a lot easier.

Labels