Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Copper Contributor rmersky
on ‎10-28-2010 05:34 AM

Contact Microsoft.  They will walk you thru reinstalling your 64 bit to 32 bit.  I don't think there is any practical advantage to 64 bit office.

Microsoft actually recommends you install 32 bit, both are on CD, for the many programs that will not interact with 64 bit office.

Robert Mersky

ACT! Certified Consultant

by clarkalt
on ‎11-01-2010 11:15 AM

If you have more than 4GB of RAM it makes it practical to work and install 64bit.

Also, it's not a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling Office, but still the fact that it should work.

There is no reason that I should have to install a lesser piece of software, that can't take advantage of my hardware, to get the sync to work with software that is brand new.

by steverinsler
on ‎09-12-2011 09:09 AM

I agree, saying do not use it is like saying forget the ability to run 16GB RAM, let's stay with 32MB after all that worked 10 years ago. So when will SAGE get there?

by
‎09-13-2011 07:43 AM - edited ‎09-13-2011 07:44 AM

This is currently being considered, but there are are a couple of issues. We would need to compile a separate 64-bit version of ACT! to do this, plus right now Office 64-bit integration with other programs (not just ACT!) is shaky at best (Microsoft even admits this). When more information regarding this is available, we will provide an update.

by BruceIL
on ‎03-14-2014 01:57 PM

3 1/2 years later and ACT! STILL isn't compatible with 64 bit Office. Shame!

Customers shouldn't have to be techies to make this work.

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎03-16-2014 05:15 PM

You're right. it does suck that x64 MSO isn't yet supported. 

That said, there are other bigger problems that need fixing before they spend time on that problem. Like the DPI issue.

Labels