Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎12-30-2009 06:51 PM
That's pretty much a question for Internet Explorer and the website... can you set Internet Explorer not to play sounds?
by bgontarek
on ‎12-30-2009 09:36 PM

Why would I change something that effects other programs and activities to correct something caused by ACT??? When I delete the website from ACT the music stops. This is an ACT issue and that's who should fix it. On 10-20-09, Per:

"Greig Hollister
ACT! On-Line Community
Sage

Unfortunately you cannot disable the active content since it is part of the contact's record. My only suggestion would be to click on a link other than Contact's Website under the Web Info tab, so that that link loads whenever you pull up a contact's record. You can always just click the Contact's Website link when you need to view it under that tab. You can also modify the link to go to a page on their site that does not play music.

If you would like to see the ability to disable active content under the Web Info tab, please post your request by clicking the Share Your Ideas tab at the top of this page."

And by the way... I don't need to click anything. If the website of the client (in this case www.nycballet.com) is the first result in a search... here comes the music.

Bad systems programming.

by
on ‎12-30-2009 09:42 PM

ACT! is just loading Internet Explorer to display the website.

ACT! is not a browser... having it interfere with the operation of the browser would like make many sites unreadable.

by bgontarek
on ‎12-30-2009 10:08 PM

You're not getting it. I'm not clicking the url. I'm not even in the field. As soon as the record comes up in the number 1 position in a seach it begins playing even if I go to another record and begin editing. I have to get rid of the search to stop it. ACT is invoking Explorer... not me. I'm an ACT user since the 90's. Not new to the program. ACT 2000 did everything I needed except work in x64 windows 7. I'd like the new version to do what I want it to do instead of dance to the music of an anonymous systems analyst who wants me to do it their way. On another topic...

This database was 14 meg in the old program. It's 142meg in this one. Do you know a way I can share this with remote users absent a file sharing service??? Too big to email.

Thank you

by
on ‎12-30-2009 10:22 PM

You don't need to click on it or be in the field - what TAB is open at the bottom? If it's the web Info Tab, maybe use a different tab

What do you mean by "share"? Have them use the database at the same time? Sync? Just sending them data?

by bgontarek
on ‎12-30-2009 10:45 PM

Doesn't matter which tab. Most of the tabs are custom though many of the fields are ACT standard (including web site).

I share the database with 2 other offices though for the sake of data integrity only my admin does updates. They just need updates. I could add an update field & cull the records with a sort, but human error being what it is, there would be significant deterioration over time.

And is there a way to either get rid of or move the, "Marketing Results," tab. I have 10 years of daily use of the far right tab & I keep hitting it by force of habit and it keeps on trying to sell me something I don't want or need.

TY

by daisycake
on ‎01-23-2011 12:04 PM

I am sure that one day Act! will fix this horribly annoying most probably easily repaired design error. Meanwhile I have to either delete my contacts' urls or remember to mute my speakers when using Act! Either that or have music blasting from my laptop when it is least welcome. An idea would be for Act! to list, "MUTE SPEAKERS BEFORE USING ACT!." in the new user instructions. Either that OR keep stonewalling this horrible flaw or repair it.

Neil

by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎02-11-2011 02:20 PM

You can remove the Marketing Results tab in one of two ways.

1. If you want to continue to use ACT! E-marketing (aka Swiftpage), click the ACT! Emarketing icon on the toolbar. Click Account, Uncheck the "Display Marketing results Tab.". This keeps the ACT! Emarketing icon but gets rid of the Marketing results tab... or

2. If a specific user will not be using ACT! Emarketing, you can disable that feature by going to Explorer and navigating to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins folder. Rename the ACTSPE2005.dll file to ACTSPE2005.old.

Susan Clark
Swiftpage Drip Marketing Certified

clark@cornerstonesolutions.com

Labels