Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Contributor Trevor Lever
on ‎12-16-2009 09:13 AM

An alternative way of working is to use the Task List view as opposed to the Calendar View.

Then filter the type to CALLS and the date to to TODAY

This gives you the list of active contacts that you need to call and get through to today. Customise the columns to make sure the phone number is visible. 

Then, when you get through, double click the contact name to get to the details of the contact. 

After the call, go back to the Task List, tick off the call, add any notes etc  and then get onto phoning the next one. 

by
on ‎12-16-2009 01:38 PM

Hi, thanks for feedback. Haven't really looked at working with Task view much, will try it for a while, looks like it kind of does what I had in mind. Have had further thoughts on my idea which incorporate other aspects of how an office/phone/servoce based salesperson works. Not talking telemarketing or call centre here, more consulting type sales. Will try tp crystalise them further and re-work the idea.

Further to your comment on putting the phone number in the columns, the problem I have here is that I have created a custom field for DDI number  (as it is not available in the default contact layout) and Customise Columns does not include custom fields in the available fields.

That leads to 2 further submissions I will suggest:

1. Customise Columns include custom fields in available fields.

2. DDI Phone Number be included as a Standard Contact layout - it's the lifeblood of telephone selling. (That's if these things haven't happened already; I'm still toiling with Act9 which still works well for me apart from the Ph Country Code bug I have previously discussed in these forums.)

by kenwiens
on ‎03-09-2011 02:57 PM

I have a similar need - in that there is a small group of contacts I call regularly.  For me, if I could add a few icons to the top (one for each contact), that would address my need for quick access.  Is there anything out there that addresses this?  Putting them into a group doesn't really solve the problem because by the time I have navigated from the contact I am at to the appropriate group and then selected the right contact etc - I could have typed in their name.

Labels