Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎08-16-2020 07:40 AM

If I understood your question, I think this may be what you want:

1.  Lookup company name in contact view.

2.  Highlight the ones that need to have a field changed using the Windows command Ctrl Enter

3.  Select "Lookup Selected"

4.  Then use the Edit command to "Replace Field" and enter the information as needed.

by
on ‎08-17-2020 05:50 AM

Hi jnpurdy,

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure I explained the issue/need clearly.

I have a 'Contact Status' field in Companies that is linked to a 'Contact Status' field in Contacts.  In one instance, I would like to mass-edit all Contacts by modifying the 'Contact Status' field with the value of the linked field in the corresponding Company.

I have almost 2,000 Companies in my ACT database, so it would be far too time-consuming to do this one-company-at-a-time.

Hope this helps clarify.  Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,

Ken

by
on ‎08-17-2020 05:55 AM

Well, I tried to figure out a way, but in all cases "Update Linked Contacts" is always grayed out.

If there is a solution, I'm thinking it would have to be a 3rd party or maybe one of the SQL ACCs can help you with a solution.

Good luck, Ken.

by
‎08-17-2020 06:00 AM - edited ‎08-17-2020 06:01 AM

Thanks for your help, John.

There was previously a 3rd party addon to do exactly this, but I don't believe it's available for the v22.  Hoping ACT reads these posts and considers adding this feature to the product.  Would be enormously beneficial.

Thanks again,

Ken

Labels