Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎08-07-2009 09:28 AM

I think the ability to display a Google map with push-pins showing client locations is a great idea.

Logically the map would display whatever contacts were in a look-up / Group, so a Google Map tab in Groups would be the best place to show it. Although, with a lot of contacts, perhaps a new window would provide more screen space.

The contacts in any group would then be shown geograpically on a map.

Fantastic.

Jeff

by
on ‎08-24-2009 03:21 PM

First off - I'm a fan of this idea and would love to see it in a tab the groups detail view.  

When I was looking into this before one of the struggles is that popular maps (like Google maps) require geocoded locations for pushpins (lat/log) but we store "structured addresses" per record in ACT!.  

That means we'll need to either:

1.  Start storing the geocodes for each address we store

OR

2.  Try to push a list of structured addresses on the fly to retrieve geocodes then apply to a map mashup.

I'm thinking a feature that retrieves the geocode of an address whenever you enter or alter an address  in ACT! and stores the geocoded coordinates - that should be useful.

by FailSafe
on ‎04-04-2010 07:29 PM

I used StreetWizard, an ACT AddOn for years.  But now that I've upgraded to ACT 2009 (not by choice, but it just had to done), my old StreetWizard software won't work.  Nor can I find a new StreetWizard. 

It's seems unlikely that I have to pay over $200 for software to map a complete Lookup since this would be such a commonly needed tool. 

by JM
on ‎09-22-2010 12:06 PM

Like this post a better way to track for marketing a mailer, Sales Rep traveling or tradeshow campaign Geo points.

Few points to added to a successful Mapping integration.

Integrate Address verification so we don't have to do it external of ACT with import /export at field with 3rd party add-on to processes for Mass mailers and insertion of GEO X/Y position for Mapping. 

It would correct addresses format for more accurate Maps.Google.com results, tag records with a problem finding address for bulk rate postage, performed this verification on multiple address (Billing & Shipping,ect..) Contact and Company records.

Develop more ACT integration options with Maps.Google.com by leveraging its GEO mapping support of multiple routes no limit from a contact list view to help with targeted mailers by given radius, extracted out of contact DB other records in a given radius of one or more multiple radius points.   As a person plans a trip by car or fly's from point to point the road Sales Reps. radius in miles of potential clients pop-up.

JM

by ozie
on ‎11-17-2010 03:47 AM

i wrote something for ACT2011 that does most of this.. and can use a map to pin where they are too.. pick a radius from a point and get all the contacts within that area

by
on ‎11-19-2010 06:50 AM

Microsoft Streets & Trips is a relatively inexpensive product you can use. It is not integrated, but you can do an Export To Excel from ACT!, then import the spreadsheet into Streets & Trips and it will map the contacts.

Labels