Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎09-23-2012 07:12 PM

Hi Daniel, I've just tested it on a machine with 2012 Premium (14.1.108.0) and it works for me.

I think it should be part of the product, not an additional addon to discover that you need it or something like it, then find it, download and install. Make it a standard menu option in ACT!.

by
on ‎09-25-2012 07:44 AM

I disagree that it should be part of the product. Most customers do not have any addons. I think this should be a mandatory part of the SDK so that every plugin must also include this. 

by Silver Super Contributor wellmet
‎09-25-2012 09:09 AM - edited ‎09-25-2012 09:11 AM

Ben,

That's an interesting idea.  I wouldn't mind including it with my addons.  It would make debugging issues easier when the client doesn't know which addon is causing the problem.  Is it reliable enough to include it in it's current state?  I've seen posts that indicate that it doesn't work on ACT! 2012.

Stan

by Nickel Super Contributor daniel_graves
on ‎09-25-2012 10:15 AM

Ben,

Seems that if every Add-on Developer has need of it, it belongs in the Tools Menu or at least in ACTDIAG, rather than have every Add-on developer deploy it within their product.

Also, when thinking who needs this tool for troubleshooting, include SAGE Tech Support.

Also, If you include ACT users who have SBISA,Emarketing and SAC Addons, isn't that a significant number of ACT Users to justify reviving this tool?

p.s. I still can't get it to work on the 2013 product, and Tech Support confirmed that it has not been supported since 2011.

by
on ‎09-25-2012 11:38 AM

I'll see if I can get the data, but I believe that less than 10% of our users have addons. 

No support request has been submitted that problems regarding SBISA, SEMA, or SAC require them to be disabled. 

It does not benefit the majority of customers and I'm not convinced of the value for continued development work.  I'm not opposed to the idea, but it ranks low on priority. 

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎09-26-2012 02:51 AM

The Act.Plugin.Config.dll file I have doesn't seem to work in ACT 2013

by boblozinak
on ‎10-02-2012 12:56 PM

Does not work for me. So know where do we go to see what Add-ins are disabled?

by Nickel Super Contributor daniel_graves
on ‎10-02-2012 04:15 PM

Boblozinak, you will have to look in the Programfiles\ACT\ACT for Windows\Plugins directory and guess by looking at the name of the DLL files.

BTW there is a related thread here

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Developer-Downloads/Add-on-Manager/m-p/311

but neither work, nor are there any posted plans by SAGE to make them work for ACT 2011 and later.

Labels