Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Make Duplicate Checking settings part of the Import Wizard

by Silver Elite Contributor on ‎08-27-2014 01:50 AM

I have, for the umpteenth time, got half way through the import wizard only to remember I haven't checked or modified the Duplicate Checking settings in Tools>Preferences>Admin Tab, so had to abandon the import wizard, amend the settings then start all over again.

And lets face it, getting these settings right is critical to making the import work properly.

Would it not be extremely helpful and logical to be able to (a) see what the current Duplicate Settings are when in the import wizard AND (b) to be able to modify them on the fly whilst doing the import?

In fact, these settings used for import should be independent of the standard background settings, otherwise you forget to return the regular settings to what the were before the import.

Comments
by
on ‎08-27-2014 08:29 AM

I have been burned on this multiple times. Great suggestion. 

by jpenney
on ‎08-27-2014 03:19 PM

The entire Duplicate Check and Merge process needs to be reviewed and improved. The current process is cumbersome and needs to be more User friendly. The work done by Patricia Egan with her Duplicate Remover Expert  is a good example of where we should be heading with this. 

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎08-27-2014 06:53 PM

+1 for improving dup checking across the board.

by
on ‎09-01-2014 10:58 AM

And how about importing Opportuities using the wizard?

by Employee
on ‎01-23-2015 03:05 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v17 SP1

Labels