Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Silver Super Contributor wellmet
on ‎12-10-2013 01:09 PM

You can highlight all the histories, activities and notes you want to copy and copy and paste them all at once.  I'm not sure if that will work for Opportunities since I haven't tried it but it probably won't because the structure is different now.

Stan

by brienne
on ‎12-10-2013 02:05 PM

Stan, 

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! Opportunities doesn't copy/paste, but that is fine because it is not a function really used here. If the note was shared with the company I am copying them too, the will have duplicates, but that is totally fine since I can even do this!!! The history items wouldn't copy, but I just tried it on twol records only. BUT AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Cannot tell you what a difference this made for my project!

Brienne

on ‎12-10-2013 03:20 PM

You're welcome.  If you just want to copy the ones associated with the company and not associated with the contacts associated with the company you can change the filter to Company Notes, etc. before you do the copy.

Stan

by Nickel Super Contributor ritakog
on ‎12-11-2013 05:21 AM

Be aware...I have not tested current version, but I know in previous versions the record manager became the person who did the pasting.

by brienne
on ‎12-12-2013 07:24 AM

Thank you! The filtering between company contacts vs company notes definitely helps make a difference. I am still working with administrator priviliges, but I will do a test with various record manager additions later on. Thanks again!

on ‎12-12-2013 11:55 AM

There are all sorts of little things like that you can do with Act! that.  You might want to check and see if one of the local Act! Certified Consultants has "Lunch & Learn" sessions in your area.  If none of them do try and convince one of them to do it!  Better yet contact me and I'll badger one of them into doing it for you and other people in your area.  :-)

Stan

by brienne
on ‎12-12-2013 01:00 PM

Thank you Stan! I just did a google search for that, and only on the first look found an online tutorial...are you talking about an actual in person session? Is there a certain place to look for that kind of information? That would be amazing!  =)

on ‎12-12-2013 10:43 PM

I'm talking about an in person session.  Some ACCs do Lunch & Learns where they spend 20 minutes or so of the lunch hour talking about a feature in Act! and the rest of the time eating.  There isn't an online place to look for it but if you check the websites of the ACCs in your area one of them might be doing them.  I don't know what area you are in or I could probably tell you if one of them does it.  Some areas have several ACCs in their area and some have one or none.  It depends on where you are located.  Send me an email and I'll see if I can find someone for you to get in touch with.  I don't post my email in my signature but you can find it by going to our website and checking the about us page.  We're updating the website but we aren't publishing the new one yet but will be soon.  :-)

Stan

by mjmcpe
on ‎05-05-2016 10:59 AM

I'd like to second this idea. While the copy/paste thing seems to work, it would be nice to have a wizard for this like for companies to make it nice and easy, and to keep consistency across all modules.

Labels