Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by GregFoley
on ‎09-28-2010 03:35 PM

I have also been using Act! since 1988.  My forst version was the Australasian 1.0 for DOS and I even used Act! for Macintosh for the single version it had.  I have just bought 2011 to fix the Outlook sync issues that I thought was fixed in 2010.  I also think new releases for old loyal customers should be a lot less than they are.

by CamWells
on ‎09-28-2010 10:13 PM

Agreed. We are using the product and actually telling you what's wrong with it as we go rather than having a nice stable product at time of purchase. For all the stuff we have had to endure, we should definitely at least have free support when the program doesn't work! Or maybe stable releases that were actually beta tested with some of us advanced, long-term users before release. 

by Bronze Super Contributor pauluptime
‎10-05-2010 01:47 PM - edited ‎10-05-2010 03:01 PM

I agree completely.  "ACT! Fanatics" was a term coined many years ago and those who have remained loyal to the product rightfully deserve entrance into the cadre.  There is the  LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896 where membership and support is free. 

As ACT! fanatics, you should probably also know your local ACT! Certified Consultants.  We make our living delivering results with ACT! for our clients.  In my case, this began shortly after the product was first released in 1987.  As such, we routinely answer questions on the older products from experience (good and bad) that few of the newer consultants just don't have reference to.

As an independent consultant, we are in no position to speak for Sage, but If any of the hardcore/long-time users have any questions or would like a sounding board for delivering ACT! concerns directly to Sage, we are here to help.   You can contact me any time at paul at teamuptime dot ca.

As for mugs, pins, and other ACT! swag, what would you like?  Personally, my best rewards come from the relationships we have built in the Sage family, with fellow consultants, and most importantly with our loyal customers.  They may not look that great on your desk, but as sales and the economy improves, I too would like to see a custom coffee mug that declares "Yes, I AM an ACT! Fanatic!!!" 

Sage marketing should take note of this thread, for within this group of long-time, diehard ACT! customers are also some of your most vital reference sources.  Treat them well!

by CamWells
on ‎10-28-2010 06:36 AM

I think it's funny that ACT needs certified consultants to run their customer relationships. I think the proper way to do this would be to have a team dedicated to actually selling and supporting their own product internally - not to say that nobody should use the consultants, we have relationships with a few ourselves, but what is this saying about the company? They can't even support their own products, and the support they do offer costs an arm and a let, boo!

by Bronze Super Contributor pauluptime
on ‎12-01-2010 11:03 AM

Cam, I respectfully disagree with your comments

Sage certainly does not "need certified consultants to run their customer relationships."  Nobody but you has inferred that.  They DO have a dedicated team.  In fact, this community forum is an example of that.

Fact is that Sage has proven they can support their own products just fine.  Like any business they just can't do it for free. If you are an ACT! fanatic there is no reason you should expect them to.  Sage's support options and products are IMHO very well priced for value.  

If you have the time but no budget, there are many free options you can research yourself.  However, if your time can be used more profitably elsewhere there are many quality options for that too, at a broad range of options.  A good Certified Consultant will be able to review your larger business objectives, addressing them ACT! and if beneficial with products from third party developers too.

by CamWells
on ‎02-08-2011 08:54 AM

Just because you have not experienced the same poor quality of service from purchased service support options that I have does not mean that your experience is the norm. Over the course of the years that we had the support contract purchased, the only help I received was from people reading from scripts and not understanding a thing about the software. Maybe things have changed but my comments still stand. 

Labels