Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Master
on ‎03-26-2010 11:05 PM

In the meantime, I suppose you could set up a Group named "Philadelphia area", associate activities to this Group, and then later filter by it. But haven't tried that myself. 

I like the concept of keeping location separate from Groups, and have an editable drop-down menu.  This will make it easier to use Act! with methodologies such as David Allen's GTD that utilize contexts for actions (@home, @office, @phone, @Wal-MArt, @restroom, etc.)

by barrygou
on ‎03-27-2010 04:38 AM
What is David Allen's GTD?
by
on ‎03-28-2010 01:11 PM

Absolutely Barry. I've been wondering why not for years! Glad you brought it up.

Graham.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎04-10-2010 07:10 AM
And while we're at it, lets have the ability to rename "Location" to something else.
by
on ‎04-12-2010 02:11 AM

Why rename it?

The Location field was really added for the Outlook integration as Outlook asks for it

on ‎04-12-2010 11:28 AM
Why rename it?.... 'cos it's about the only field in the Task dialogue that can potentially be used for something else... ... such as Mileage, Phone Number, Address, or Industry Sector which you might want in order to sort your task list, or you might even want it to appear in your Outlook calendar.
by
on ‎04-12-2010 07:35 PM

but Jeff, Outlook needs the Location field....

The answer for you would be to add an addiotnal field

by
on ‎04-13-2010 02:45 PM

Location is great as location! I could never understand why it didn't qualify for a Drop-down (with an auto-fill/type-ahead). I have a selection of coffee shops at central locations I often use for meetings and some regular corporate locations that I find myself typing over and over. Even just "Their board room", "My Office" etc helps, then I can tell at a glance where I am supposed to be. Bring it on!

BTW, why doesn't the Company field in the Secondary Contact get a Company drop-down???

on ‎04-20-2010 01:31 AM

I vote for making Activities a top-level entity in it's own right, just like Opportunities. We could then customise the layouts and have as many new fields as we wish.

Jeff

by
on ‎04-20-2010 01:38 AM

And skip sync to Outlook and mobile phones?

Oh, I can see that happening :-)

Labels