Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Left message should not update the date reached

by RChappo on ‎06-24-2009 03:23 PM

"Left message" it should not update the date reached.  Obviously if I had to leave a message I DID NOT REACH THE CLIENT.  This makes the last reach date in the record worthless and I need this to be accurate.  Left Message means I have left them a message and is different from call attempted.

Comments
by bwscott
on ‎07-01-2009 04:27 PM
Something else to consider:  When someone  CALLS YOU and leaves a message, would you log that as Call Received or Call Left Message?   ...And would it make sense to make these choices customizable?
by
on ‎07-22-2009 03:50 PM

Good point! 

I'm going to update my dashboard control to exclude "Left Message" when looking at last customer contact. 

Thanks!

by jphicks
‎07-22-2009 08:03 PM - edited ‎07-22-2009 08:04 PM

Hrmm....I thought I tested this in the past and it behaved as you suggested it should.

I have written internal procedures to use the left message option for this reason as I use dynamic groups to show customers I have not spoken to in 90 days.

I have tested the latest version ACT 11.1 HF 1 and can see what you say is true.

I would consider this a bug, not a feature request.

Message Edited by jphicks on 07-22-2009 08:04 PM
by mikefm101
on ‎09-02-2010 03:27 PM

This has been around for several years - and yes it should be characterized as a bug.  I remember earlier versions (maybe even back in the DOS days) behaved differently.

I select the Call Attempted option if I get voicemail at a contact.  It updates the "last attempt" field and seems to work OK for me.

by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎10-05-2010 06:53 AM

Until Sage fixes the issue, I recommend you use Call Attempted when leaving a message.  Create a Regarding drop down that says,  - LEFT MESSAGE.  You can then pre-pend this with the regarding.

by
on ‎10-08-2013 12:29 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v16

Labels