Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Last 10 viewed Contacts in the Nav Bar

by Silver Elite Contributor on ‎03-02-2010 05:32 AM

Lookup Previous is OK, but doesn't always give me what I want. For example, if I create a new Contact record, then move to another record, I can't use Lookup Previous to find the new one since it wasn't selected from a lookup in the first place. In any case, Lookup Previous requires 2 clicks, and click are precious in a busy environment.

What I would prefer is a list of the last 10 Contact records I have viewed in the Nav bar as hyperlinks. One click and you have the record you want.

The same "Last 10 Viewed" could also apply to Company records, Group records, Opportunities, and Tasks.

Jeff

Jeff: Thanks for the feedback. We've added in a new feature in ACT! 2011 - we brought the back button back, but we also added a drop down history option to the right of the button. This history list will show you where you have been in the application recently so you can jump right back to it. It includes information from the entire database (Companies, Groups, Opportunities, Calendar, Dashboard, etc).
Comments
by
on ‎03-04-2010 02:17 PM

Great idea. The Back and Forward arrows never take me back to where I want to go, almost a waste of space and code, don't know if they are any more helpful in later versions (on Act9, 2007).

When amking a lot of calls and someone calls back, to instantly go back to their record would be great.

Could also be presented as a vertical list under the side bar accessable by a tab at the top?

Or even in line in a bar across the bottom of all the windows?

by
on ‎03-10-2010 01:23 AM

I thought this idea rang a bell! See my post in the idea exchange titled "Multiple or several contacts open together."  dated 12-14-2009. Hopefully they will get the message!

Regards,  Graham.

by Master
on ‎03-12-2010 07:40 PM
Great idea indeed. What a time-saver! And I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to implement.
by MrAnalogy
on ‎04-28-2010 05:44 AM
Goldmine has has this for nearly a decade. It's a dead simple feature and if you implement it with a keyboard interface (Shift Page Up/Down) you don't even have to "complicate" the User Interface (screen)
by kstalcup
on ‎07-12-2010 02:55 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2011
Jeff: Thanks for the feedback. We've added in a new feature in ACT! 2011 - we brought the back button back, but we also added a drop down history option to the right of the button. This history list will show you where you have been in the application recently so you can jump right back to it. It includes information from the entire database (Companies, Groups, Opportunities, Calendar, Dashboard, etc).
Labels