Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Copper Super Contributor dflood
on ‎06-02-2009 05:53 AM

YEEEEESSSS PLEEEEESE!!!

I would definately like to see Google Talk and Twitter integration. Having the history of IM and other social media conversation in the history would be great.

It would be useful if ACT! could notify if another user in the database was looking at a record that I was on, or if they  had completed a task that you had scheduled for them. Upping the ante' on the collaboration side of the program would be very helpful.

I just watched the Google Wave demo on youtube and it gave a great insight into how the future beyond email might look. Perhaps there could just be a google wave tab embedded into the history tab. They have a very open platform with API's etc. Would definately be worth seeing if you could levelerage that into ACT!. If you could get a neat integration to Google Wave you could let it handle all the colloboration protocols and integration with IM and social media platforms. 

by Bronze Elite Contributor
on ‎06-02-2009 10:53 PM

google talk and twitter would be a strech. the typical ACT user doesn't even know what they are.

start with supporting what ever  Meebo (Web) and Trilium (windows) supports.

IM should be an icon on the toolbar - all the logged in users should be avail. blah blah blah.

by
on ‎06-04-2009 11:31 AM

IMs like AIM and Yahooe are rarely used outside North America. You need to also look at Skype and MS Messenger. Even Twitter is starting to get used for IM, although it doesn't show if the user is on-line

An internal IM might be a nice option.... or, at least a method that an Admin. Manager (or Standard with the priv) could send a message to another use or all users.

Of course, you need to think how an internal IM would be handled for  remote sync and web users.

by JasonD
on ‎06-04-2009 03:06 PM

I really like this idea as a number of my client have MS Messenger and i comunicate to them some time via this method.

If this becomes a feature there would also have to be the ability to record a history

Also the Act User option is great idea for the business as this would improve the level of communication between users and build better business

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-08-2009 09:12 AM

Interestingly I met someone last week who actually uses the Messenger ID field; the first such ACT! user I've ever encountered. Almost universally I get asked to take it off.

Jeff

by
on ‎06-20-2009 03:31 AM

I use the Messenger field to link with Skype via itDial - but, while it records SMS and calls via Skype, it doesn't link the IM chats.

The reason that I think most users want it removed, Jeff, is simply that it doesn't get used.

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎08-21-2012 05:59 PM

Yes, being able to interally IM other ACT! users is STILL A FEATURE we would use.

by jmorency
on ‎04-29-2014 06:52 AM

Is instant messaging ever going to be integrated?  Internal especially!  So very necessary!  Just wondering and trying to create my own workaround!

by duane
on ‎03-31-2016 03:30 AM

Hi,

This is an upcoming feature of the ACT Mobile Messenger.

We have already developed the capability to record messaging conversations in 

Act! using text messaging and plan to extend this feature to users on the same 

databse on the same computer network.

Kind Regards

Duane

Duane Morrison Smith

ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635

duane@actmobilemessenger.com

www.actmobilemessenger.com

by spsearch
on ‎07-06-2017 12:54 PM

Will it be possible to send text messages to contacts via their phone field on ACT! 

Labels