Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Improve Import Options (Opportunities)

by JasonD on ‎06-04-2009 03:01 PM
I have an ever changing balance with in my opportunities that requries updating, so having the import feature to include import to the opportunities would be a huge help and improve efficency
Comments
by
on ‎06-12-2009 05:56 AM

This is not just importing, but merging... and I'm not sure if enough users would want this for Sage to put the resources in.

If it's any help, there is an add-on that will do this for you now - itImport

by JasonD
on ‎06-12-2009 06:25 AM

Sorry but thats incorrect the number of comments regarding improving the import feature is rather large... frankly the import feature in Act is very poor, and is not capable of doing some of the basic items commonly found in most programs. besides basic contact data you cant import any thing else... especially with opportunities.

And i refuse to pay more for an addon than the original product for a feature that should be standard

I have counted that one of the popular recomendations in this section invovles opportunities and/or importation of data for opportunities and other areas, so it oviously a concern for a lot of users

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-19-2009 01:14 AM

Even the ability to overwrite specific fields during an import would be a step forward.

Jeff

by JasonD
on ‎06-20-2009 01:02 AM

Yes that would be a small step forward, to be able to map out whats imported and which fields are used, would allow for partial updates of contact information

by
on ‎06-20-2009 03:22 AM

BTW: You can do this now with itImport

I guess it's a question of how useful this would be to a majority of users for it to be added to the core product

by btoman
on ‎06-20-2009 07:17 PM

Dear GLComputing

You seem to have a conflict of interest  with regard to this post.

by
on ‎06-21-2009 08:30 PM

Not really...

I think it would be good to have in the core... just that there are possibly greater priorities that would benefit more users and that aren't possible to do now

by kstalcup
on ‎07-23-2009 02:52 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2010

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎08-27-2009 06:42 AM

I might have missed something but I can't see this feature in ACT! 2010. Would somebody like to point it out?

Jeff

by JasonD
on ‎08-27-2009 07:45 AM

yes if you could point the way??

I am confussed as to where this is in 2010 

Labels