Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎04-11-2012 11:04 AM

Correct. The licensing/security/access control model for ACT! needs to be reviewed. OK so that's a big area where Sage ACT! needs to bring ACT! up to date. One of those needs is the dedicated Admin role, a user account that is provided by default and frees up the investment in license that customers have made.

by jpenney
on ‎04-29-2012 05:28 PM

Agree with Mike and Graeme it is a constant problem when working with Clients.

An Admin Login which is activated by the ACC /Consultant not only then records any changes/edits made to records or the database as being initiated by the ACC ; it also enables the ACC to have comments entered in the Database under History/Notes attributed to them and not the Client.

It improves the delivery of a professional response to clients when thay can see the ACC has identified and changed elements - including fields - in the database.

by
on ‎05-09-2012 05:05 AM

Another area in a security overhaul could include the ability to give users/teams read-only access to records seperately from write access.

So that reps can see all the records, but can't update those that have not been assigned to them.

And the record access should be able to be set dynamically ... eg records in a specific area or with a specific Record Manager get set with teams/users getting the appropriate access

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎05-09-2012 05:26 AM

Read only access would be really useful.

by
on ‎05-09-2012 06:12 AM

Most of the other items are not too complex (code wise)... I do see one issue with Read Only:

If a user has RO access to a Group/Company and edits a linked Contact, should it update the History in the Group/Company?

How about an activity scheduled by someone with access to a contact for a user with RO access?

Handling the scenarios where a user has Full access to one part and RO to another might get tricky

Actually, I haven't tested ... what happens if a user schedules an activity with a record and includes the contact of another user (or schedules for) if the other user doesn't have Limited access, or the record is Private?

EG: Two users, one creates a contact as Private, shedules an activity with Schedule For as the other user... even more, mark the activity as Private (so would only be seen by the 2nd user.

Unlikely to happen now ...but  wonder if it screws up with orphan items that can't be accessed or if that scenario is already handled?

Anyone wanna try and post back?

by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎01-11-2016 08:35 PM

I'm disappointed this still hasn't happened!! It really is something I think Act! needs.

"An additional Admin account (without requiring a license). This would allow sites to have administrative tasks (like maintenance, backup, sync, editing user accounts) controlled by IT or a Consultant without needing to have one of the users with admin access."

Still needed if you ask me!

Labels