Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I have an idea! Let's not take out features and functions that users have gotten used to!!!

by Bronze Contributor chieff on ‎10-29-2009 03:47 PM - last edited on ‎11-10-2009 10:36 AM by
Here's my first feature request for the next ACT!:

Please try not to 'lose' anything that's been in ACT! 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
For example, please don't 'lose' the Group selection drop-down that was in the upper right corner forever.

Losing features = losing credibility = losingcustomers = losing revenue = losing partners.

Stupid me!  I thought that would be self-evident!
Message Edited by tmergel on 11-10-2009 10:36 AM
Comments
by
on ‎11-04-2009 03:37 AM

Kevin, you might have a look at the list of similar items I posted here: http://unhub.com/Tb-b

Some of these (like 2 and 3) have been fixed in hot fixes

ACT! Product Manager, Katharine Stalcup, has provided some comments on some of these in the thread

by
on ‎01-12-2010 07:03 AM
I am with Chieff on this one. Some of the suggestions I will be posting here shortly relate to features and capabilities that I had on my very old version of ACT! that I just migrated from. Why go backwards?
by EJFletcher
on ‎01-27-2010 03:34 PM

I agree. Why change or omit a feature that is in an earlier version. Some of us use these obscure features, then when we upgrade, they are not there. So it causes me to ask myself "Why do I upgrade?" 

Stop omitting features, just keep adding and improving on them.

by kstalcup
on ‎02-05-2010 07:34 AM
Hi, Kevin:  The View Groups/Companies functionality has been added back into ACT! 2010 SP1.
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎02-05-2010 07:54 AM

Katherine, that's great news.  I think the new UI is just fantastic - lookups have never been so easy - it's so intuitive - people who are upgrading love it, and the Web Info tab is actually generating oohs and aahs - it's been a long time since I've heard oohs and aahs.  Getting the History button along the Big Easy buttons is huge - it makes it so obvious.

Getting the Groups/Companies back in will eliminate a big sticking point.

Thanks to Prod Eng'g and Prod Mgmt for making this happen.

Kevin

by kstalcup
on ‎02-05-2010 08:32 AM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2010 SP1

by
on ‎03-14-2010 02:30 PM
If ACT are thinking of dropping a feature, why not just make it another option in Preferences and we can drop it ourselves if we want to or dont use the feature?
by CamWells
on ‎09-27-2010 12:39 PM

The biggest missing feature, being able to type the field name/value and have it auto select in the dropdowns throughout the program. It seems like maybe someone went and divvied out the responsibilities for all the different dropdowns and everyone has a different idea about what it should work like!

Example: Advanced Query - Contact - First Name - Equal To - Cam

Previously (2008) you could start typing the whole word "Contact" or "First Name" and the field would select based on that value. Now (2009) if you start typing Contact, it selects the first option of the last letter you typed, so it will select Callback Date, then Code, then Name Prefix...??? It should have gone to Contact when I hit the "N". 

This should be standard on ALL dropdowns, some consistency would be nice. 

by JIMB
on ‎10-02-2012 10:16 AM

I agree. Why change or omit a feature that is in an earlier version.

Years ago I can make a phone call from an activitie, register the details, see the history, make the followup and when I finish clic stop, and this will go to the history cleaning the activity.

No more this option I use in ACT! before 6.0

Labels