Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History View

by on ‎09-07-2012 02:30 PM

Who would use a filterable list of all the histories in your database?

My vision would be much like the task list; a sortable customizable list that can filter off of Record Manager, Date, Type. Add all fields that can be in the history. Be able to create lookups from that list and export that list to Excel.

Kudo this if you think this is a good idea. 

Comments
by Jillian Trish
on ‎09-07-2012 03:01 PM

I'd like to be able to categorize the history, much like putting it in a folder.  For example, everything regarding PROJECT A in one "folder", PROJECT B another, and so on...

by Nickel Super Contributor dixon7
on ‎09-09-2012 01:04 PM

Benjamin, the export idea is great if we could filter it.  The notes/history report is too cumbersome.  Brenda

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎09-09-2012 10:08 PM

I'd like a text filter on any list/grid views (notes/history/activities) on contacts, company, opportunity and group views.

I'd type a word, it would hide any rows that don't have a column that contains the word in input.

example below, I could enter the word "upgrade" and only those history records that have the word upgrade in would be left, make it easy to find stuffs.... Smiley Happy

FilterHistory.png

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎09-10-2012 04:51 PM

Kudo'ed (for my variant described above).

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎09-17-2012 08:53 AM

Yes. I like this idea.

In fact it's so good I posted it myself some time ago ;-)

http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/History-List-View/idi-p/101607

The filters need to have the at least the same level of granularity as those in the current history tab.

by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
on ‎09-19-2012 04:10 PM

Ben,

Its such a good idea we already have it in Impact Suite v4. You can add a History or Notes list view like activities on the left nav bar. Once in this view you can sort, filter, group and export to Excel.

Impact History Module

Impact Notes Module

-- Jim Durkin

DurkinComputign.com

by Bronze Elite Contributor
on ‎10-03-2012 03:35 PM

Benjamin,

But please oh please use the HistoryType - Text property and not the silly image like in the Export ActivityList to Excel. Exporting the Image has no use to man or beast and makes it useless for reporting on so client's are forced to go down the Dashboard/excel and SQL root.

by
on ‎10-03-2012 03:39 PM

Of course. 

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎03-04-2013 01:41 AM

And I'm also assuming that the list would display specific information from custom activity types and not just generic "Custom activity completed" messages.

by
on ‎10-08-2013 12:32 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v16

Labels