Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

History List View

by Silver Elite Contributor on ‎11-22-2010 04:55 AM

I'm constantly looking for ways that the average user can extract useful "report" type information from ACT without having to resort to the baffling process of customizing Reports or creating SQL commands for Dashboards.

It occurs to me that now we have better filter options on History we could extract a huge amount of useful information if we could access a "History List", i.e.. History pulled from potentially every contact, company, group or opportunity.

Because of the vast number of history items available the filters would be important to reduce the size of the list to something manageable. In addition to the usual date filters (This Month, Last Week, Custom Range), Result/Regarding, Users, I would add History Entity (Contact/ Company/Group/ Opportunity/All), "Containing" and filter by Groups.

The final requirements would be to Save different List Views so that they can be set up as pre-defined "reports" (a useful addition to other List views in ACT!) and finally Print/ Print to Excel.

This would give the average user huge scope to get at all the information currently buried in the depths of an ACT database.

Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎11-24-2010 05:08 PM

Agreed, more options on the TYPES of HISTORY that we can view.

For example, choose to display Swiftpage entries or not as may users of the database don't want to see that information. On that note, it would be great if the swiftpage history information was actually readable, not a hard to understand/interperate morass of text. Some whitespace and explaination would make it much easier to read.

by jpenney
on ‎01-30-2011 03:38 PM

I would like to see closer integration with Opportunities so that History about Opportunities could be accessed from the History Tab  and selectively used to generate a History Report for the client based on both routine contact and opportunity links.

by
on ‎10-08-2013 12:43 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v16

Labels