Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎02-19-2010 04:49 AM

Fairly easy to do with a field trigger and a bit of code...

Hint: Much better chance to see a feature added by Sage if you can show a scenario that would show it would be likely to be used by a significant number of users :-)

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia

Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎02-19-2010 04:58 AM

OK Mike

Examples of where this would be useful:

1. Last Results field: You can see both the comment AND when it was written.

2. Paper Chase situations. For example you have a check boxes for Invoice Sent and Invoice Paid. You can just chexk the box and the date is filled in automatically.

3. ID/Status field is changed from Prospect to Customer; you can see the date the Contact became a customer.

All on the main screen. All without having to go looking for the information. All without having to create a bunch of date fields.

Jeff

on ‎02-19-2010 05:03 AM

And, while we're at it, lets have the option to append the initials of the User who made the change.

I say initials so it wouldn't take up too much space on the screen.

Jeff

by
on ‎02-19-2010 05:08 AM

I think it might take up too much screen real estate to be useful... but maybe an extra optional button for fields that generate history (like the Phone CC button) that jumps to the History item that was generated when that field was last changed?

Or even include that History data as a tool-tip when you mouse over the field?

by
on ‎02-19-2010 05:10 AM
As not all users have their full name for user (eg some might use "JGranger"), initials for Record Manager wouldn't be reliable
on ‎02-19-2010 05:24 AM

..so the initial would be "J" or you change the user name...

Screen real estate? not convinced it's a problem that outweighs the benefits, and the user decides how many appended fields they want, so I not suggesting it's forced on anyone.

And a further thought, I would like the appended information to show in List Views and be sortable!

Why? So if you are doing telesales for example you can have a "Called" checkbox that gets checked when the call is done, and the date is recorded automatically.

Jeff

by
on ‎02-19-2010 05:40 AM

Yeah, I can see some value in that... I'd still like a tool-tip option as well and a jump to History for more info

Might be interesting to create a plugin if there's enough interest... 

Labels