Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎08-18-2009 11:58 AM

Good idea, and I don't see the two proposals as mutually exclusive. If you attach a file you could use the "internal" folder structure, if you use shortcuts you could link to an external folder structure.

Jeff

by Nickel Contributor Trevor Lever
on ‎08-19-2009 11:57 AM

A work around (for the moment) is to create a field, of type URL, to hold the location of the contact's folder across your network. For example, in my database I have a field "Contact Folder" and on the Contact layouts. The default value for this field is - "file://D:\Documents\ACT Contacts\" - so this is automatically entered when creating the new contact.

I then add a contact folder on my network for items that I want to associate with a specific contact say 

D:\Documents\ACT Contact\John Smith and add John Smith to the end of the Contact Folder field for that contact.

So, when I am in ACT and looking up John Smith, I can click on the Contact Folder link and up pops the relevant folder across my network. 

Ideally, we could add folders to the Documents Tab, but until then, the above is a useful workaround.

by New Member LisaSOFAST
on ‎08-31-2009 05:40 AM

We add multiple folder shortcuts in our documents tab.

You have your folder on the network e.g. John Smith.  Create a shortcut to that folder, (save in the folder itself or in a shortcuts folder, it is up to you) 

In ACT! go to the Documents tab, click Add Document File, in the Attach Document box type *.lnk in the filname, now press ENTER (important).  Now Browse to where your shortcut is and click it to attach. 

You can have as many shortcuts to folders in the Documents tab as you require.

by simon@cybershowroom.co.uk
on ‎10-09-2009 06:28 AM

We add links to folders in the document tab by sending a short-cut to the desktop and then dragging it to the docments tab.

I have just upgraded to ACT!2010 and this fabulous functionality no longer works.

Any ideas how to bring it back or do I reinstall 2009?

by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎03-25-2013 08:22 AM - last edited on ‎03-25-2013 10:15 AM by gmartin

There is an ACT! add-on called Scan and Organize for ACT! that allows you to link a contact, group or company to a folder on your computer or network.

Try www.scanandorganize.com.

Thanks,

Scott Abboud

Allied FS

[edit: corrected link]

by kimkamp22
on ‎02-10-2017 11:41 AM

Please see my new AddOn called FasterAct @ www.fasteract.com

The software automatically files Word documents and scanned documents into a Folder/SubFolder structure. Quick and easy.

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

Kim

Labels