Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎08-28-2009 05:20 PM
How about they function like every other email merge in the world and besides maintaining their subject line, they also remember what attachments go along?
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎09-01-2009 03:06 AM
Excellent ideas that I could use myself. This is the sort of functionality that businesses really need. Jeff
by andrew@tnj
on ‎09-04-2009 12:53 PM

For your first point, I would copy the title and paste it in instead of typing it. 

For the second one, can you not add a new drop down and popluate with command - it's not a one click solution, but it's pretty close.  

by juzme
on ‎09-21-2009 07:40 PM

We have exactly the same problem as Strail.

In Netscape Messenger they have template emails. Both the subjects and attachments .can be set in advance. It's one of the many ways Netscape Messenger (RIP) is vastly superior to Outlook .

Perhaps the subject and attachements could be exposed through a properties dialog.

But this is mainly a no-brainer obviously useful feature I would be very glad to see implemented.

Adding this feature wuold strengthen the quality of ACTs email integration.

Adding this feature would increase their efficiency with ACT.

I already use the copy and paste of subject fields and it's really quite lame.

by Strail
on ‎09-22-2009 06:39 AM

Thanks for everyones feedback so far.

I would like to make a comment on the cutting & pasting.

I already have to copy and paste other things into ACT, I appreciate that for unique and specific things you will need to do this in any application.

Adding the subject line can easily be done with an outlook vb script which is 7 (yes seven) lines long. The problem is it needs to be run by ACT not outloook alone, so it needs integration with the ACT email template. 

Heres the code:

Sub super()

Set olkMsg = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
olkMsg.To = "dude@hotmail.com"
olkMsg.CC = "Anotherdude@hotmail.com"
olkMsg.Subject = "My subject line"
olkMsg.Display
End Sub

If you run this as a vb script in outlook it will generate a blank email with the subject line, to and cc fields pre populated.

I am not a vb coder, however, I dont believe the above to be so advanced that it cannot be integrated into the Act email template...do you?

by djlitvinoff
on ‎11-10-2009 11:14 AM

Wow, tried my email template for the first time today to 20 contacts and discovered this "subject line" issue.  It's like buying the car without the wheels.  Come on ACT! people--don't you live in the real world.  Why would you design a template feature that doesn't include a subject line. 

Lame.  Guess I'll be moving to iContact afterall.... 

by Dave_Rogers
on ‎12-16-2010 04:52 PM

This is absolutely necessary. That and attachments.

Labels