Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by bhaf
on ‎07-05-2011 04:39 PM

I just posted an idea to allow ignoring of blanks when scanning for duplicates, but this idea would work for me too and would probably be more versatile. For example, I could do a lookup of just contacts with e-mail addresses, then scan for duplicates within that lookup.

I would also like to scan for duplicates for just a given record manager, and this idea would also let me do that. I could create a lookup for a single record manager, then scan for duplicates.

Good idea!

by jpenney
‎07-19-2011 03:47 PM - edited ‎07-19-2011 03:48 PM

The entire Duplication Scanning and repair process needs to be overhauled or replaced with a system that is more efficient in processing and merging duplicate records.

There are add-ons available but it is time for Sage to either recreate the older DeDuplinator process updated to the current Database Structure or sub-contract the task to one of the deduplinator developers to embedded in the ACT! 2012 Release Version.

Perhaps it needs to be another element of the ACT! Diag Utility.

Duplication occurs for all sorts of reasons and is a constant issue with companies with multiple users and synchronised users. It needs to be addressed.

Labels