Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by teresabee
on ‎11-30-2010 09:16 AM

We are considering ACT! for our business right now. That this option exists is NUTS! Delete user? Yes. Delete all their input? Dangerous! Perhaps an option to review all their input would be better.

by
‎11-30-2010 09:17 AM - edited ‎11-30-2010 09:20 AM

When you delete a user you have the option to delete all associated records or to transfer them to another user.  The same argument could be made for Edit/Replace Fields, Copy/Move Contact Data, or any other function that does a global change to the data. In some cases, it's up to the user to perform the operation correctly. And as always, when making signifcant changes to your database, you should make a backup first.

by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎11-30-2010 09:34 AM

Disagree thoroughly.  I've never, ever, ever come across a situation where the company wanted to remove all records associated with the user to be deleted.  Ever.  Never.  That is such an obscure, bizarre option.  Having it there causes far more problems than it's ever resolved.

by
on ‎11-30-2010 09:37 AM

I understand your point of view, but I have worked with several customers who have wanted to delete all the associated data for a user, for whatever reason. That's why the option is there. However, I do agree with "teresabee", that a review process or perhaps a stronger prompt would be a good idea.

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎12-01-2010 03:03 AM

Yup, a stronger prompt, a pre-selected, default option to transfer to another user.

Labels