Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by vineet.singla@sage.com
on ‎08-14-2009 09:32 AM

Trevor,

Your assessment is correct regarding Company access in that you can limit access to which salesperson/team can view it.  These rules apply to the companies regardless of how they are synced. 

For example, you may have a syncset for contacts based on their city or state, and limited access to companies.  Even though all companies are synced, the salesperson would only see the companies that they have access to.  It is as though the company never existed in their database.  I hope this makes sense.

Vineet Singla

ACT! PM

by Nickel Contributor Trevor Lever
on ‎08-14-2009 09:47 AM

Hi Vineet - I understand and it makes sense. However, given a database of 10,000 contacts and 6,000 companies it takes a LONG TIME to manually remove access to specific companies not it their territories.

The issue is... if the ID/Status in the Company record indicates which organisations are "Prospect" then salespeople outside of that specific region would see this information. A concern for some clients who wish to keep each salesperson's territory information confidential to just the appropriate salespeople. 

by brian.hanrahan@worldminerals.com
on ‎03-22-2010 09:44 AM

Hi Vineet,

I understand that those users will not have access to see this data, but Trevor is correct that it is a lot of work to change all of the Record Manager fields.  We are uploading 1,000 companies from Excel and I do not see how to include the Record Manager in an upload, which means I have to manually change them all.  Further, we are loading several secondary tables with company data.  It adds extensive time in syncing for the remote users who must sync data they will never see or use.  The Act! sync set criteria has a drop down box,  but contact is the only field listed.  It would be extremely helpful if company was enable as a criteria for sync set.  It would save tons of time in the transfer and syncing of useless invisible information for remote users.

Kudos to Trever Lever!

Brian

Labels