Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎09-12-2012 06:18 PM

Just found this issue with a client.

Oddly, easily fixed, but why default to ZERO???? GRRRR.

To fix, Tools | Define Fields | Products | edit the QUANITY field and set default value to 1.

by Bronze Super Contributor jimdurkin
‎09-20-2012 06:26 PM - edited ‎09-20-2012 06:27 PM

Ben,

Fields with no default values are set to DBNull in SQL. DBNull values are represented as; empty (char), zero ( decimals and numeric), False ( Boolean Yes/No) and so forth.

And I do agree when creating a new database some default values should be set such as the Quantity field.

-- Jim Durkin

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎09-20-2012 06:58 PM

This is low hanging fruit is it not? set the default value of the QTY to be 1 right from the get go?

It may not be a "write home about the action" event, but it's a 5min job, 2hrs if we count the paperwork Smiley Happy that'd be well spent. one of those 'little' fixes that is appreciated by at least myself a few others. Please?

Jim (thanks for chiming in too) raises a point I didn't think about, what other 'default' values are there in a new ACT! DB that we should think about having different? 

Anyone got a pet peeve default value?

Just off the cuff, I've got one.... the default duration of a vaction in ACT! is 5min. WHAT THE!!!! a 5min vacation! 

so with tongue firmly planted in my cheek, if that's the standard duration of a vacation in the US of A, I'm REALLY glad that I live in the best place on Earth, that being Australia! Smiley Very Happy

Labels