Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor pauluptime
on ‎05-03-2013 05:08 PM

OMG DING! DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!DING!

by
on ‎11-09-2015 08:54 AM

Only 2 weeks ago a new client contacted me in tears who had used Edir/Replace on most of their database instead of the 4 or 5 they thought they had selected. Used a backup to restore the lost data but would have been better to have this edit/replace only for manages or above (Who have had training.) as a standard feature.

by Silver Super Contributor wellmet
on ‎11-09-2015 01:20 PM

Agreed. That option can be very destructive. I had someone do it with the Company name because they were trying create one way of spelling a Company name when everyone had just entered it in whatever way they wanted.  They replaced all the Companies in the database with that one and they didn't have a backup.  It is painful to watch grown men cry.  Some Act! Certified Consultants have a service where they do maintenance and verify backups for a set monthly fee of $100 or so.  That would have come in very handy for your client were you to provide that service for them.  Food for thought.

Stan

by
on ‎11-09-2015 03:31 PM

Thanks Stan for the thought.

I now tend to cut a remote and put on one of my cloud servers and set the client up with internet sync. That way I have a daily update of their database if needed and can restore the database as a new master if the worst happens. This is as well as nightly backup using scheduler with email confirmation.

Labels