Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by CamWells
on ‎10-05-2010 07:51 AM

Or even the same company name!

Instead of adding the contacts manually to the company, the company lookup should be automatic based on the company name. So if someone with the same company name is in the system, they automatically get added to the company and you don;t have to do a lookup then manually add. 

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎10-05-2010 07:57 AM

Interstingly, once a Company record is created and NEW contact records are indeed automatically linked to the company record. Just a pity it doesn't happen with Existing records.

by debralkb
on ‎01-03-2011 01:17 PM

This should also be extended to importing contacts. If the contact has a company field that matches an existing company in the database, it should automatically link them (or at least configurable to set this option). Taking it one step further, you should be able to define which fields to deem a 'match' such as company name and state or city. I have a large amount of data I am curently trying to import into act, but it is frustrating that after figuring out the best way to import the contacts and companies, and performing a trial run, I found that none of my thousands of contacts were linked to their company.

Having to buy a third party addon should not be the solution if Sage wants to stay competitive.

Labels