Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by gmartin
on ‎10-09-2012 07:32 AM

Although it is not a 'single click solution' for all History items associated with a contact, an option that is currently available is 'Share With'.  'Share With' will allow you to select specific Companies/Groups/Opportunities to which the History (or Note) item will be attached. 

To access 'Share With', double click on a History item and click the elipses button (...) next to the 'Share With' field; select desired Company.  The item will now display in the Company History tab even if the contact is unlinked.

by med
on ‎10-09-2012 04:15 PM

Thanks.

But does that apply to emails and notes? I have already tried using the share with option as you describe but when I unlink the contact from the company I no longer see the emails (and notes) on the company history/note tabs. Is there something else I should have clicked besides the share with option?

Thanks

by gmartin
on ‎10-10-2012 06:07 AM

I've just tested the Share With option with emails and notes, and successfully attached them to a Company (without the contact being linked or attached).  I also tested Linking/Unlinking contacts, and found the 'Shared' Notes/Histories remained in the Companies tabs.

I'm testing with Sage ACT! 2013, what is your version?

by Nickel Super Contributor ritakog
on ‎10-10-2012 06:14 AM

If the contact is linked to the company, histories and notes are automatically "shared with" the company.  So when the contact is unlinked, are you saying that the already shared info remains with the company?

by gmartin
on ‎10-10-2012 06:42 AM

I apologize if my previous statement was unclear.  To help clarify:

- When a contact is Linked/Added to a Company, the contact's Notes/Histories are 'viewable' through the Companies Notes/Histories tabs.  At this point, the Notes/Histories are only associated to the contact.  If the contact is unlinked/removed, the Notes/Histories will no longer be viewable through the Company tabs.

- Using the 'Share With' option for an individual Note/History item creates an association with the Company, allowing it to be listed in the Company Notes/Histories tab.  This association exists whether or not the contact is linked/added to the Company.

by med
on ‎10-10-2012 04:05 PM

Thanks for your comments and clarification. I'm using Pro 2012. When I checked notes and histories I had created they seemed to have 'automatically' filled in the share with details but when checking the previous users notes and histories I found that they did not have a share with tag next to their history on the history tab. I found I could open up these and add the 'share with' details into the record and then when I unlinked the contact from the company these records stayed with the company. Smiley Happy

I still think it would be good to have the ability to 'archive' a contact (or a company) so that you can keep an audit trail for your records but keep these contacts (and/or companies) out of the main working database.

Thanks for your help.

by Danny Robashkin
on ‎01-09-2013 02:31 PM

Is there any way to set this to be persistent? As in, right now each Opportunity history needs to be manually linked to a contact, or shared with the company. In Act 2009 the history items were automatically linked with the associated entities. Is there any way to restore this functionality?

Labels