Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-17-2011 03:05 AM

I agree this would be really useful for many users.

As a small step in the right direction, what I do at the moment is to copy the address details from the web site then paste into an ACT! memo field. Then cut and paste from there into the relevant address fields. Far from perfect but saves flitting back and forth from ACT to the web site.

by billgluth
on ‎06-17-2011 07:38 AM

Good solution, Jeff. Thanks for sharing it. It may speed things up doing right out of the program. Getting more leads entered quicker is always the goal in sales, that's for sure.

by Copper Contributor zugzwang
on ‎06-17-2011 04:26 PM

contact capture does this and it is great

by billgluth
on ‎06-17-2011 05:05 PM

I just found out about Contact Capture. I was very surprised it was a free program. I just tried it quickly today on one record (to see how it worked) and it didn't seem to save to my ACT! 2011 database, but I'll play with it more over the weekend and get it to work. Seemed pretty straight forward.

by jpenney
‎06-19-2011 03:00 PM - edited ‎06-19-2011 03:02 PM

This is an area where Sage developers could make a big difference to ACT!

Having an integrated Contact Capture parsing capability would be  a major plus for the product.  We can attach emails once the client is in place but struggle to create a contact from the email unless we have a robust capture mechanism that is flexible enough to match contact data to the fields in use.

There are options available in Add-Ons like E-grabber - but these capabilities should be integral to ACT! to make it a winner

by billgluth
on ‎06-19-2011 03:33 PM

Great comment, jpenny. I totally agree. Being able to capture contact information into ACT! quickly and easily is really needed, especially in today's online lead generation world. It would be a big help for businesses both large and small

Labels