I've just spent most of the morning importing / exporting between ACT databases and Excel. It's thrown up a few things that could be improved.
1. When I export tick box (Yes / No) data to Excel I get TRUE for a tick and FALSE for no tick. However, when I import from Excel into ACT the formatting needs to be "0" for no tick and "1" for a tick. Thank god for Excel search / replace - but should that be necessary
2. When importing from Excel - and the data going into a tick box (Yes / No) is not formatted as "0" and "1" - there should be some kind of message displayed, rather than "All fields are compatible, it's OK to import"
3. I would like to be able to import into the OPPORTUNITES entity.
4. I would like to be able to preview import data using the appropriate ACT layout before committing to the import. This would be a useful visual check that the data is going into the correct field. You should then be able to step back, adjust the field mapping, and then step forward to see preview data within the ACT layout.
5. If data contains only "0" and "1" and you want to create a field during the import, it should give the option of creating a Yes/No field.