Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎06-26-2010 10:28 PM

There were a few discussions on this at one time... the issue is that different businesses calculate commissions differently. Some off Nett, some off Gross, some off the Sell price, some off the Margin... and quite a few with different rules depending on the product.

The problem is creating a system that would be used by most users.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia

Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

by dedington
on ‎06-27-2010 08:22 AM

most sales reps get a commission of the total sale price before taxes.  Managers etc. receive a variety of different commissions and bonuses.

by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎06-28-2010 02:51 PM

You might check with the folks at Exponenciel (www.exponenciel.com) - they have a reasonably priced addon called Automatic Field Calculations - it works on Contact, Company and Group fields, doesn't mention Opportunity fields, but it's worth checking with them - they're so responsive.  I would much rather have an after-market addon so that I could control the calculations, percentages, etc.

by dedington
on ‎06-29-2010 08:24 AM

I just heard from exponeciel and they don't have anything for Opportunity fields and commissions.

by dedington
on ‎06-29-2010 08:29 AM

The feature would really be a valuable tool for salesaman and sales managers.  They could take a job from the quote stage to an order and final to amount sold and commissions due.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎06-29-2010 09:12 AM

I think this would be a useful feature. It's probably part of the wider request for some basic Math functions in fields.

Labels