Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by dbisbee
on ‎08-12-2015 04:30 PM

I would like this too. We purchased new computers last month with SSD primary drives for programs and HDD drives for documents and such. I neglected to redirect the default location where Act! stores my documents, and now my SSD drive is almost full. I have now changed the save file locations to the HDD in the program, but if I delete the files on the SSD to open up space it can't find the past attached documents. I think a sync might be my answer, but I've researched and can't figure out how to.   

by Employee
on ‎08-12-2015 09:36 PM

If youre choosing to attach a link to the file (in the documents tab) rather than attaching the physical file, I've heard it can be resolved by simply re mapping drives back to the original mapped drive letters on the machine that stores the docs.

I know your situation is a little different, as your physical files may be gone.

If you are choosing to attach a link to the file (in the documents tab) rather than attaching the physical file, a sync from another machine will just bring over those broken links.

There may be other solutions for you.

Try http://www.asdscomputer.com/ 

by dbisbee
on ‎08-13-2015 10:43 AM

Greg,

Thanks for the info.

The problem was the Documents were taking up all my SSD drive space. All my files were still linked, its just that when I installed the database I installed it on C: drive and it was saving all the documents and fax copies to that drive, even though I changed them in Tools>Preferences>General to drive F:

Today my drive C: said it had 0 bytes available, so I took drastic measures and File>Move Database from C: to F: (my in computer large HDD) and it worked! All my docs are still linked to the database but are now on F. I deleted the ACT folder from C: and rebooted. When I opened up ACT! and looked up old and new attached documents it opened them up as expected!

Drive C: now has 10 GB of open space. I'm good to go.   

by Employee
on ‎08-13-2015 11:33 AM

Fantastic! Good job.....

by Astute Commentator donald.page
on ‎09-21-2015 10:07 AM

Hi Folks. I know this may have been resolved in one way for you, but do have a look at our link repair tool called Seamless Link Repair here.

Regards

Donald Page

Seamless CRM

+44(0)8454 300 900

by kimkamp22
on ‎02-10-2017 11:47 AM

Please take a look at my new Act! AddOn product called FasterAct. www.fasteract.com

I don't currently have this feature, but it could be added to my software. Are you still interested in this feature?

Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Kim

on ‎02-13-2017 05:09 AM

Hi Greg.

We have such a tool already. Please see our website here https://seamlesscrm.co.uk/seamless-link-repair/

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards

Donald

on ‎02-20-2017 02:11 AM

As I said earlier Folks. We have a tool that will allow you to remap all your links. Seamless Link Repair here.

by cicorp
on ‎03-03-2017 08:29 AM

Google Attachment Freedom for the best way

Labels