Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Copper Super Contributor dworral
on ‎06-08-2015 02:17 PM

I don't really understand your question but I see that the DDL 10 ITEMS can be fixed by 
Adding a "0" in front of items 1. So try "item 01" instead of "item 1". Does this resolve your issue?

by gregcsharp
on ‎06-09-2015 06:13 AM

The question is about the way the items are displayed in the drop down list. I named them randomly item 1, item 2, ...

When you create a drop down list with 2 choices, why is their automatically drop down buttons and only one item showed? Can't we show right away the two items in the list? It forces the user to click on these little buttons to access to the second item.

by Copper Super Contributor dworral
‎06-09-2015 07:25 AM - edited ‎06-09-2015 07:27 AM

Greg,

First: I love that you made the custom fields and DDL's and then sent along the screen shots! Nice job.

Second: The DDL that you see in DDL 2 ITEMS is called a Spinner

Third: You asked "Can't we show right away the two items in the list?"

Sure. There are 3 ways to activate the DDL: 1) Click the drop-down arrow 2) Press F2 3) Arrow down...

DDL 20.jpg 

Note: When the DDL is Editable then you can press F2 twice to get the large Edit DDL window.

BTW: This forum is for posting feature suggestions or upgrade ideas. If the above does not help then please describe what you are ideally looking for here. Questions are best asked in the ACT! Forum.

by gregcsharp
on ‎06-09-2015 07:41 AM

I figure the images would speak for themselves Smiley Happy

Well in a case where the drop down list is not editable and has 2 items, the 3 ways you described to activate the drop down list result in a poor display.

screenshot.png

Notice what act does now, no matter how I activate the drop down list. I put something together to show what I would like Act to do. And as an example from our website, ASP.NET let you choose how many item you want to display in your drop down list or when a scroll bar is needed.

I believe the common users use a drop down list by clicking on the arrow button then by clicking on the choice they want.

Labels