Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calculations in fields and reports

by on ‎06-08-2009 05:31 AM

Isn't it about time that ACT! supported field calculations?

In contacts, Companies, Groups and  Sales Opportunities

Comments
by
on ‎04-19-2011 06:00 AM

We are in the insurance business, field calculations would be sooo.. useful its untrue.  We are always calculating % increases/decreases in premiums; up or down in total from last year etc etc. Would save us loads of input time!

by
on ‎04-19-2011 06:07 AM

While the ACT! program does not contain the ability to add field calculations, there is an add-on from 'Exponenciel' that will add this functionality.  Here is a link to further information: Exponenciel - Automatic Field Calculations

by
on ‎04-19-2011 06:23 AM

Well aware of Exponenciel, but would say from a general point of view, by the time we have purchased all the add-ons for the stuff Act doesnt do, and paid for each of their updates to keep in line with Act updates, it would cost us a fortune!!!  I know there is a market which has grown up around "specially required" Act functionality but it sometimes seems like Act deliberately dont put in the obvious stuff that would be required because it will step on third party toes! 

This request would obviously make a lot of people happy (except at Exponenciel..) why not take note of the large vote on "share ideas" otherwise what is "share ideas" for?

by
on ‎07-26-2011 11:16 AM

I just want a simple calculation that adds fields 1, 2 and 3 into field 4.  I see that this has been an issue for several yearts.  Has anyone come up with a solution without buying 3rd party software?

by
on ‎08-31-2012 08:21 AM

What mathematical functions would you need? Do you need more than ()+ - / *? 

by Bronze Super Contributor
on ‎09-02-2012 04:01 PM

Basic, I'd say just ()+_/*

Would love to see functions like

modulo, age, a date difference (years/months/days). But these may be somewhat more advanced, and the Exponencial addon does these excellently.

by Bronze Super Contributor
on ‎09-20-2012 11:34 PM

Another thought here, would love to see this work across the variants (Pro, Premium, APFW, APFW/m).

Having this function from the server (perhaps a candadite for residing in the ACT! Service Host) rather than workstations would mean it could work across products I would expect. Yes?

by
on ‎10-02-2012 10:09 AM

Long ago it must be included.
In ACT! 2.0  it have it

by
on ‎10-24-2012 04:02 AM

I know there are some add ons for this but true integration would be great

by Gold Contributor
on ‎11-01-2012 05:37 AM

I would also love to be able to add a "$ Spend Last Year" field in a Contact or Company view and have it automatically populated with that figure pulled from that Contact or Company's Opportunity Tab.

Make it easy for sales professionals to do their job!

Labels