Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by lejon
on ‎09-30-2016 03:52 AM

The calculated field updates if you click Save Changes (the discette icon)

by Bronze Super Contributor tmwilli
on ‎09-30-2016 11:14 AM

You can press F5 key or REFRESH under the Edit key as well.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎10-12-2016 07:02 AM

But why can't it "auto-refresh"? Having to manually save or refresh because it's only then that it gets written into the database works, yes, but is it what is expected in this day and age? I don't think so.

And I would like to add that intuitively, if I create a calculated field I expect that it automatically updates every record in the database. Why would it not?

And that it would work if I imported data in to one of the fields used in the calculation.

by
on ‎10-17-2016 08:55 AM

Agree all the way. F5 is a quick refresh that sems to work but someone must be able to add a trgger to update the record when leaving a field that has a calculated field targeting it.

by Silver Super Contributor wellmet
on ‎10-17-2016 03:12 PM

If i remember correctly the calculated fields refresh every time you change contacts.  I don't think it would be that difficult to write something that would refresh whenever you changed a field involved in updating a calculated field or one that would update all the calculated fields for all the records in the database although that would be pretty time consuming on a big database.

Stan

by
on ‎11-11-2016 01:34 AM

All that needed is a trigger in the calculated source field when leaving that field. Should not be hard for team to write.

Labels