Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Bring Back Macros

by ‎01-12-2010 07:16 AM - edited ‎01-12-2010 08:12 AM

I have recently migrated from a very old version of ACT! to the latest 2010 premium version. Over the years I spent a lot of effort automating my ACT usage by building a whole series of macros for common functions and assigning toolbar buttons to them. Imagine my surprise when I find out I couldn't build a macro anymore with ACT 2010!

Please bring back the ability to record macros and allow them to be assigned to custom toolbar buttons and menu items.

Message Edited by ralphmack on 01-12-2010 08:12 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Ralphmack. In ACT! 2011, we've added a feature called Smart Tasks. This will allow you to create a series of activities, emails and ACT! E-Marketing actions that will trigger once the criteria you've defined in your database has been met.
Comments
by
on ‎08-28-2011 08:37 PM

Macros are critical to anyone who is slightly above a casual user of ACT!  What a surprise to find that the ACT! developers think we are so low on the technology 'totem pole' that we wouldn't want to create steps outside of Smart Tasks. Dumb ...

by
on ‎08-29-2011 12:36 AM

I agree that in versions up to version 6 some very good macros were very handy to many people. It is possible to achieve a similar result using some of the new programming tools

e.g. I have created a liitl tool that changes the default record history from appointment (why ever the programmers did this who knows) to call and even made one for to-do's. I gave these away FREE.

If you want a macro would $10 bucks be too much to ask if it achieves the result as I would really be interested in what macros you might want as maybe there are other ways in the new version to achieve this?

Let me know by email if you have a burning macro you want and maybe I can create it as another one of my FREEBIE (gee no one does that anymore) series and give it to the whole world.

HTH

by
on ‎10-26-2011 05:26 AM

Cuncur 100% a completely retrograde step to dispense with them. Should have increased them !!

Many tasks should be Auto possible - time saving as well as removes human mistakes and save time etc etc. I am now considering a bespoke system because of the lack of Screen Driven/Auto ability.

Has anyone used any External Macro programmes ? any suggestions of good bad or whatever ones. Help appreciated

Thanks

by
on ‎12-05-2011 05:33 PM

I am new to ACT but a veteran dbase user.  Had I known that macros (short programing steps attached to a menu command or object) was not available in ACT 11 I would not have made the purchase.  I was assured by the sales/consultant that recommended ACT that this basic funtionality was available.  This is the FIRST item I looked for once I installed the program (today).  I could not be more disappointed!

I had a project that I could have done in Access or FileMaker but thought it would be easier for my users to work in ACT and then add later customization as needed.  I cannot do the project as planned in ACT.  I will try to get a refund.  I will not recommend this product to anyone if the developers think that taking functionality away from the user is the way to go.

Labels