We often hear requests for ACT! to do things 'automatically' for users and we're trying to figure out what things YOU need ACT! to do automatically. Some of the ideas we've heard frequently are below. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these and any additional ones you have:
1. Automatically assign a contact to a record manager based on specified criteria (state or city value, for example)
2. Automatically send a birthday email to a contact with an upcoming birthday
3. Automatically send an email to a specified ACT! user if an Opportunity amount exceeds a specific value and then schedule a follow up for the record manager to meet with the contacts associated to the opportunity
4. For any contacts that don't have any histories for the last 30 days or activities scheduled for the next 30 days, send an email to the contact and schedule a task for the record manager to follow up with the contact
5. Automatically create a company from a contact record if a contact's company name doesn't match any existing company names
I'd love to hear your thoughts on these automated tasks or any others that you have!